Conditions & Rules
*CONDITIONS AND RULES GOVERNING PARTICIPATION
ALL EXHIBITORS ARE ADVISED TO READ AND NOTE THE CONDITIONS AND RULES GOVERNING PARTICIPATION AS DEFAULT WILL ATTRACT SANCTION
IN THESE CONDITIONS AND RULES
"Exhibitor" means any participant in the 34th Enugu International Trade Fair and their duly authorized agents.
"Organizers" means the Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture.
"Contract" means the agreement entered into between the Organizers and the Exhibitor for the use of space on the Fair ground and the display of exhibits at the Fair, all in accordance with these Conditions and Rules including all supplementary rules and regulations that may be issued by the Organizers. "The Fair" means the 34th Enugu International Trade Fair.
- APPLICATION FOR PARTICIPATION
Shall be made in the prescribed form, obtainable from the following sources:
- The ECCIMA Director General or The Trade Fair Manager
Enugu Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture
P.O. Box 734, Enugu
Enugu State, Nigeria.
Tel: 042-290481, 07036709103, 08033486551
- State Ministries of Commerce and Industry
- Nigeria Association of Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA) 8A Oba Akinjobi Road, G.R.A, Ikeja, Lagos.
- Other Chamber of Commerce offices throughout Nigeria
Duly completed forms should be returned to (a) above accompanied by appropriate payment and one passport photograph for each of the representatives of the Exhibitor. All payments should be in bank and certified cheque in favour of "Enugu Fair 2019".
- ALLOCATION AND USE OF SPACE ACCORDING TO TYPE OF EXHIBIT/PRODUCT/SERVICE
- The Organizers shall allocate exhibition space in accordance with the nature of exhibits or any other manner they deem fit. They also have the right to vary the space allocated before erection of stands by the Exhibitors. Minimum space allowed is 25 square metres. Larger spaces are available in any size in multiples of 25 square metres. The Organizers reserve the right to change the location of the space allocated to an Exhibitor at any time prior to the commencement of stand construction by such exhibitor. Such change shall be at the discretion of the Organizers and the Exhibitor shall be entitled to any claim for Compensation as a result of such change.
- Official business hours shall be between 9.00a.m. and 6.00p.m. daily (All Exhibitors Particularly Brewing Industries are advised to note this closure).
- Exhibitors shall be liable for any damage to the Organizer's facilities placed for their use.
- Exhibitors must not sublet, exchange or part with stand allocated to them without the Organizer's written consent. (Small and medium scale industries are advised to note).
- Exhibitors are advised to declare the correct type of exhibit to enable proper sector allocation of space. False declaration of exhibit will attract proper sanction.
- CONSTRUCTION OF PAVILIONS OR STAND
- Respective stands and pavilions shall be erected by exhibitors from 22nd March, 2019 in accordance with general or specific regulation issued by the Organizers whose architects and builders shall erect stands for exhibitor provided the pre¬determined costs are fully paid in advance. Exhibitors will be allowed to construct and decorate their stands only as laid down by the Organizers.
All exhibitors must obtain confirmed allocation and submit their drawings for approval by the Organizers before construction of stands. Free advertisement of exhibitor's wares will be limited to those mounted on the walls of stands. Any Signboard or Billboard mounted outside the stands, will attract fee.
Exhibitors shall not store or dispose materials in such a way as will obstruct the free movement of traffic or disfigurement of the Environment.
- Stands or pavilion must be dismantled and all materials removed at the expense of the exhibitor not later than seven days
after the end of the fair, failing which the defaulting party shall pay a daily surcharge at a rate to be determined by the Organizers.
- REGISTRATION OF CONTRACTORS FOR BUILDING OF STAND/PAVILIONS AT THE FAIR
- Each privately hired contractor or developer at the venue must be registered with the Organizers for a fee of N1,200 with official receipt. Such must be available at all times for security checks. Carpenters should particularly take note. Identity Cards shall be issued on registration. Interested contractors are to submit 2 passport photographs for this purpose.
- Contractors must obtain entry permit to the Trade Fair Complex to enable them carry out any construction work.
- Exhibitors are advised to request for the registration/Identity card of contractors before contracting the building of their stands. The identity/registration cards must be issued by organizers to such contractors.
- USE OF PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEM FOR FUNFAIR ACTIVITIES
- Exhibitors wishing to use blaring public address system for entertainment and funfair outside their stand during the fair should indicate in form 1 for space booking for special allocation.
- WITHDRAWAL FROM PARTICIPATION AND BREACH OF CONTRACT
Subject to the following conditions the Organizers may allow an Exhibitor to withdraw:
- Exhibitor must give written notice to the Organizers
- The organizers shall approve in writing to the exhibitor which shall constitute a cancellation of the contract subject to the payment of consideration for release from obligation under the contract and neither party shall have any further claim against the other.
- No request for withdrawal shall be entertained after 1 stApril, 2019.
- The Organizers shall have the right to terminate the contract by written notice if the exhibitor fails or refuse to observe or perform any provision of this contract and all stand rentals then paid shall be forfeited. The exhibitor shall also indemnify the Organizer for all costs, losses, damage or expenses including consequential loss.
- FAILURE OF SERVICES
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by any participant directly or indirectly attributable to any change in the scheduled exhibition due to act beyond its control. In such a case, the Organizer may refund the fees paid subject to the right to appropriate same to cover expenses.
- The Organizers will use their best endeavours to ensure the supply of the services by the Landlord and those other services and utilities mentioned in the Contract, but as the supplies of each of these services are not within the control of the Organisers they shall not incure any liability to an Exhibitor for any loss or damage which such Exhibitor may suffer if any such services shall wholly or partially fail or cease to be available nor shall the Exhibitor be entitled to any allowances in respect of charges due or paid.
- The Organizers will provide general services or electricity (General lighting) but the exhibitor is responsible for special installations and consumption of the service each both requires.
- PROHIBITED AND UNDERSIRABLE EXHIBITS
All items placed under ban or general restriction
- Exhibitors wishing to demonstrate with any inflammable material shall obtain the prior written approval of the Fire Brigade Authority and shall be required to provide fire extinguishers.
- The Organizer reserve the right to refuse at any time, the display of any exhibit without assigning any reason
- Exhibitors of food, drugs, cosmetics, medical devices, bottled water and chemicals should possess evidence of registration with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) as required by Decree Number 19 of 1993.
- MOVEMENT OF EXHIBITSAND EXHIBITORS/OUTDOORADVERTISING
- Exhibitors shall bear the responsibility and expenses for the transportation of exhibits to the exhibition venue.
- Exhibitors shall remove all exhibits from the venue within the period stipulated by the Organizers and shall indemnify the
organizers against any loss by reason of delay or damage.
- Exhibits must be removed not later than seven days after the trade fair.
- Hawking of goods, price lists and hand bills are prohibited as such item may only be distributed from exhibitors own stands and not in the public gang ways and passages.
- Hawking of goods around the fair complex will attract seizure and penalty.
- EXHIBITOR'S PASS
Exhibitor's Pass will be issued on the following basis:
Any additional request for more passes will be paid for at the rate of N1000.00 each pass.
25sqm 2 Exhibitor's Passes Only
26-50sqm 4 Exhibitor's Passes Only
51-75sqm 6 Exhibitor's Passes Only
76-100sqm 8 Exhibitor's Passes Only
101 and above 10 Exhibitor's Passes Only
- CAR PASS
- Car Stickers can be obtained at the cost of N 2,000.00 for the duration of the 10days duration of the fair.
- Suitable FREE parking lots with necessary security have been provided within and adjacent to the Fair Complex.
- The Organizers shall take all reasonable security precautions in the interest of Exhibitors and visitors. However, the Organizers shall not be held responsible for any loss or theft or damage to exhibits at the Exhibitor Hall during the build-up to the exhibition and dismantling. The Organizers shall also not be held responsible for any loss or damage to the exhibits or any article belonging to the Exhibitor.
- FIRE REGULATIONS
- Materials used in stand and display construction must be properly fire-proofed in accordance with local regulations. Fire marshals will patrol the exhibition and be authorized to limit any demonstration that is a potential fire hazard.
- INSURANCE, LIABILITYAND RISKS
- All exhibitors shall insure, indemnify and hold the Organizers and the respective hall owners harmless in respect of all cost, claims, demands and expenses to which they may be subject as a result of loss of injury arising to any persons however caused while the said persons are upon or examining or passing the exhibition stand during the tenancy of the exhibition. The liabilities of risks of the employees, agents or exhibits shall be the responsibilities of the Exhibitors.
- Exhibits shall be placed at the Exhibitor's own risk and the Organizers shall not be held responsible for any theft or loss of the exhibits. Exhibitors are advised to fully insure all exhibits during the tenancy of the exhibition.
- However, insurance covers could be arranged, at highly competitive rates of premium, for interested Exhibitor who should contact the Organizers for necessary formalities.
- IMPORTATION AND CUSTOMS
- A full list of goods showing identification marks, origin, description,
quantity, weight and C.I,F. value marked EXHIBITION GOODS FOR 33rd Enugu International Trade Fair should be shown to the customs at port of entry.
- These goods admitted under temporary importation regulations shall be re-exported within three months of the end of the Fair and appropriate duties paid for any missing items. Note, however, that NACCIMA guarantees temporary imports meant for exhibition.
- IMMIGRATION FORMALITIES
- Entry visa to be obtained from Nigeria Diplomatic Mission abroad (letters of invitation to be provided on request).
- Must show return ticket and meet entry requirements like Health Certificate in respect of yellow fever vaccination etc.
- Food or drinks must be confined to the Exhibitor's stand or vehicle and refuse generated must be properly disposed of in the receptacles Provided.
- CHANGE OF VENUE, DURATION, ETC.
- The organizers shall be at liberty to change the venue, date or duration of the Fair in exceptional circumstances and shall inform the Exhibitor by a written notice.
- SUPPLEMENTARY CLAUSES, DISPUTES, ETC.
- The Organizers shall have the right to make additional regulations and modifications and it shall form part of and have like effects as any other regulation of this contract.
- Any dispute, difference or questions which may hereafter arise concerning this contract shall be decided by the Committee of the Organizers and shall be final and binding on both parties.
- This contract shall not be signed except with the written consent of the other party.